The Library’s Cultural Arts Program offers:
- Six to eight individual and group Artist Exhibitions with receptions in second floor Langston Hughes Gallery.
- Music and Performing Arts Series offered in the Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer seasons in the second floor auditorium or in the outdoor courtyard.
- Creative Writing Series in the Spring and Fall seasons.
- Scheduled author readings, discussions and book signings.
- Fall and Spring Independent Film/Video Series and discussions.
- Annual Langston Hughes Celebration-second Saturday in February.
- Annual Family Day Celebration-first Saturday in June at P.S. 127 schoolyard, 99th Street and 25th Avenue.
- Annual Kwanzaa Celebration-second Saturday in December.
- Library Action Committee’s Annual Jazz in the Garden-last Saturday in June at Louis Armstrong House Garden, 107th Street between 34th and 37th Avenue. (Admission Fee)
- Library Action Committee’s Annual Fall Jazz Brunch-last Saturday in October. (Admission Fee)
- Informational workshops and seminars.
For additional information or inquiries, contact Andrew P. Jackson (Sekou Molefi Baako) at (718) 651-1100 ext 210
Funding for CAP is provided by
and Council of Retired Police