The Library Action Committee (LAC) of Corona-East Elmhurst, Inc. a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization, is the founding body of the Langston Hughes Community Library and Cultural Center. LAC Sponsors a Homework Assistance program and various cultural programs, and is a vital funding source for the Library’s cultural arts and educational programs.
The Library Action Committee:
- functions as an advisory body to the Queens Public Library on programs and services at Langston Hughes Community Library and Cultural Center
- sponsors ongoing activities each year
- coordinates cultural arts programs, artist exhibitions, independent film festivals, music concerts, creative writing workshops, literature, and poetry reading, etc.
- sponsors the Homework Assistance Program, which operates at the library weekdays during the school year and offers tutorial services and reading, writing and mathematics, remediation programs for students in grades 107
- collaborates with Library staff to ensure that the Library’s collection, programs, and services reflect the needs and wishes of the community it serves.